Looking for a delicious way to sneak some extra protein into your diet? Look no further! This Apple Cinnamon Protein Bread is not only incredibly tasty but also packed with a whopping 17 grams of protein per slice. It's the perfect snack or breakfast option for fitness enthusiasts, and even those who just love a good, wholesome treat. So, let's dive into this delightful recipe!
- 1-1/4 cup flour (105g)
- 3 scoops Legion Athletics vanilla whey casein blend (90g)
- 1/2 cup zero-calorie sweetener
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup shredded apples (95g) - I used my food processor
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce (245g)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup fat-free Greek yogurt (110g)
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp maple extract
Preheat Your Oven: Start by preheating your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a standard-sized loaf pan. You can also line it with parchment paper for easier removal.
- Mix Dry Ingredients: In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, vanilla whey casein blend, zero-calorie sweetener, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger, baking soda, nutmeg, and a pinch of salt. Stir these dry ingredients together until they are well combined.
Prepare Apples: Use your food processor or a grater to shred the apples finely. Make sure to squeeze out any excess moisture from the shredded apples to prevent your bread from becoming too soggy.
Combine Wet Ingredients: In another bowl, whisk together the shredded apples, unsweetened applesauce, eggs, fat-free Greek yogurt, melted coconut oil, and maple extract. Mix until everything is well incorporated.
Combine Wet and Dry: Slowly add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and fold them together gently. Be careful not to overmix; you want a well-blended batter but not a tough one.
Pour into Pan: Pour your batter into the greased loaf pan, spreading it evenly.
Bake: Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 50 - 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Keep an eye on it, as baking times may vary.
Cool and Slice: Once your protein bread is done, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan for a few minutes. Afterward, transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cool, slice it into 7 equally sized pieces.
- Enjoy: Each slice of this Apple Cinnamon Protein Bread packs a punch with 17 grams of protein and a delicious, comforting flavor. Whether as a post-workout snack or a quick breakfast on the go, you're in for a treat!
Macros per slice: Each serving contains approximately 230 calories, 7 grams of fat, 25 grams of carbohydrates, and 17 grams of protein.