If you're a fan of the fiery and zesty flavors of buffalo chicken, you're in for a treat! These Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Taquitos are not only incredibly delicious but also boast a whopping 108 grams of protein for the entire recipe. They make for a perfect appetizer, party snack, or even a quick and satisfying meal. Let's dive into the recipe!
- 8 oz shredded cooked chicken breast (225g)
- 1 cup fat-free mozzarella (110g)
- 1/4 cup whipped cream cheese (40g)
- 1/2 cup buffalo hot sauce (120ml)
- 1 tbsp ranch powder (10g)
- 1/2 tsp salt & pepper
- 6 flour tortillas (190g) - I used fajita-sized
Prepare the Filling: In a mixing bowl, combine the shredded cooked chicken breast, fat-free mozzarella, whipped cream cheese, buffalo hot sauce, ranch powder, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Mix these ingredients thoroughly until you have a creamy and spicy chicken filling.
Assemble the Taquitos: Lay out your flour tortillas on a clean surface. Divide the buffalo chicken filling evenly among the tortillas, spreading it out in a line along the center of each tortilla.
Roll the Taquitos: Carefully roll up each tortilla tightly, securing the filling inside. Place them seam side down to prevent them from unraveling.
Preheat the Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C). While it's heating up, you can prepare the taquitos.
Air Fry the Taquitos: Once the air fryer is hot, arrange the buffalo chicken taquitos in a single layer in the air fryer basket, making sure they are not touching. You may need to do this in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
Cook Until Golden: Air fry the taquitos for approximately 8-10 minutes, or until they turn golden and crispy. You can spray them lightly with cooking spray to help achieve that perfect crunch.
- Serve and Enjoy: Remove the taquitos from the air fryer and let them cool for a minute. Then, serve them with a side of your favorite dipping sauce, like ranch or blue cheese dressing. These taquitos are best enjoyed fresh from the air fryer while they're hot and crispy.
Macros for the Entire Recipe: The entire batch contains approximately 1,070 calories, 22 grams of fat, 110 grams of carbohydrates, and an impressive 108 grams of protein.